INTRODUCTION AND REQUIREMENTS
Ranked amongst the top 10 countries in the Quality of Life Index by the United Nations, Canada is famous for its high-quality education, the multiplicity of programs in various streams and for its excellent educational institutions. Canada is a land of diverse people and majestic landscapes. More than 1,30,000 students choose Canada for higher studies every year. International Students carry their rich culture to the Canadian classrooms which welcome their knowledge and skills to their Colleges and Universities. The provinces manage Colleges, Universities and Education in Canada.
According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Canada spends more per capita on its Education System than any other country. For more details, students can fetch information from the College or University in which they wish to study. Canada is a dream educational destination of many students. Canadian Institutes with first-class infrastructure offer an easy access to a wide variety of technologies. As Canada is one of the safest countries for pursuing education.
Studying in Canada opens up a vast pool of opportunities for you. Canada offers an exciting environment to International students. It is very popular destination for students who want to earn a globally-recognized degree. In terms of Education, Canada is one of the most developed countries in both secondary and higher education. Canada is known for its quality-education and excellence in studies. Canadian degree is considered of great value which is equivalent to US, Australia, New Zealand and other European countries.
There are several requirements to get admission in Canadian Institutes, which students have to meet, whether it is an undergraduate or a postgraduate program. But the requirement criteria may vary depending on the field of studies and other relevant factors. Students must have an offer letter of the College/University before applying for a study permit. Some documents are also required for the Canadian Visa process.
- A valid passport: Passport is the main requirement for any kind of visa. Students need a valid passport to become eligible to apply for a Study Permit. According to the Canadian High Commission, students must have a passport with a validity to cover the intended stay in Canada.
- Proof of Funds: Students have to show Proof of Funds at the time of Study Visa Application. Such funds are to prove that a student has enough money to pay tuition fees as well as daily expenses. These funds include charges for one year stay as well as fair for a return to home country.
- Passport Size Photographs: Students need two passport sized photographs of given standards.
- Image size should be at least 35 mm X 45 mm.
- The Image should not be older than 6 months.
- Background should be plain or white.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME): International Students who want to go to Canada for higher study have to pass through a compulsory Immigration Medical Examination. Students have to visit the listed doctors for a Medical examination, preferably a week before the start of Visa Application.
Apart from the above, additional documents may be requested by the Interviewer. These may include:
- Academic Documents
- Score Card of Language Proficiency Test
- 2 letters of recommendations
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
Students must have a Canadian Study Permit in order to Study in Canada. Application can be applied Online or through a paper application. This paper application can be obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. But it is recommendable to check the processing time in advance as Paper Applications typically take about twice as long.
Here is the process for obtaining a Canadian Student Visa:
- Check the processing time: The procedure of visa application usually takes 3-4 weeks. So, students must go through the Canadian consulate website to know the approximate time required for the process of student visa. Always remember, the time shown on the website is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
- Determine your way to apply: There are two ways to apply for Student Visa.
- Online: A student must have access to a scanner or camera to generate copies of your documents for uploading and a valid credit card for fee payment for applying Visa online.
- In person: Download the application form after reading the instructions carefully. Complete your application form with the help of these instructions.
- Fill a consent form to get the full assistance of Visa Filing Process. You can get help of consultants for this process.
- Pay Processing Fee: Visa fees in addition to embassy charges must be paid to complete the application process. This processing fee is non-refundable. Moreover, if your spouse/common-law partner/children are accompanying you on your temporary visa, then appropriate processing fees must be paid for them.
- Submit your application: After processing fee, submission of application form is must. The student will receive a receipt containing a unique tracking number.
- After successful approval of your visa application, candidates will receive a notification requesting passport by Canadian Government. Students should not worry about their visa process, Pyramid provides proper guidance about the application process.